1.14.2011

Mea Culpa

Okay, so I'm a bad parent. If "DJabberwock" was a toddler, my neighbors would already have called DCFS and reported my callous neglect of the poor thing. So what's my excuse? To quote beloved suburban house-witch Samantha Stevens, "Welllll....."


There have been a lot of things conspiring to keep me away from my new child and my readers: the holidays, a major victory in a battle I'd been fighting for six months, my sweetheart was on vacation for a week. But in the end, the main reason was that I just needed to get the hell out of this freaking house for a while.

You see, since I had the rug pulled out from under me last June by a bunch of really underhanded and malicious people, I've essentially been a prisoner - perhaps more emotionally than physically. Part of that was of my own making, but a lot of it was thrust upon me. I found I could no longer reliably decide who was trustworthy and I just didn't have the energy or strength to try to figure it out. So I just burrowed in, fired off resumes and prayed for deliverance.

There were occasional forays out for shopping or to see the odd movie, but not many. And that's because I just didn't want to see anyone and have to explain what was going on. For months I found that every time I did, I was whisked right back into the same emotional state I was in when the crap first landed.

Alright then. That's QUITE enough of that, thank you. I no longer care who drew their daggers except as far as having the satisfaction of knowing they'll be involved in the balancing of the scales that's still to come. Until then, I've got work to do.

So you can expect to see lots of things bubbling up from the depths of my brain from now on. And if you're feeling especially bold, you can see the magical process happening live every Tuesday evening at 6 p.m. Pacific Time on my new gabfest "DJabberwock with Jim & Jen." Just navigate your browser to CentralValleyTalk.com and be amazed and amused. (You can even send us realtime questions and messages of support and admiration from the CVT site, or, as Eric so helpfully pointed out, "You can just heckle them.")

If you miss a show, don't fret, I'll be creating an archive of them here shortly.

Now, let's get on with it shall we? We've got a whole NEW YEAR to screw up and only 11 more months to do it. Busy, busy, busy...



I’ll see you at the opera tonight. I’ll hold your seat till you get there. After that, you’re on your own.

Jim

No comments:

Post a Comment

Dissenting opinions are always welcome and even encouraged because they help keep the author honest and can be a source of enlightenment. However, be advised that openly hostile and completely off topic comments or ad hominem attacks will be summarily dispatched to the Forbidden Zone.